British Bears on the Net
Welcome to BBN. Please log now.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

British Bears on the Net
Welcome to BBN. Please log now.
British Bears on the Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ezra, an Old Timer

3 posters

Go down

Ezra, an Old Timer Empty Ezra, an Old Timer

Post by Paula Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Ezra, an Old Timer Ezrahe10

This little chap has been in pieces in my workroom for a while, shelved while I work on my Hugglets' show bears. I wanted him to be a website bear but sometimes, I just don't have enough hands to do everything, so one or other gets put on hold. Anyway, yesterday I decided to put the show bears to one side for a couple of hours, so that I could finish Ezra for my website before it goes completely stale! I've used antique German mohair for Ezra ... unfortunately the pics don't really do him justice, somehow the camera (or my use of it!) just doesn't quite capture the lovely aura of history this fabric has about it! No

Ezra, an Old Timer Ezrasu10

14" Ezra
Paula
Paula
Forum Host
Forum Host

Female
Number of posts : 751
Job/hobbies : Creator of teddy bears/Forum Host/Administrator/coffee & tea maker
Humor : Decidedly slapstick!
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Ezra, an Old Timer Empty Re: Ezra, an Old Timer

Post by Yvonne Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:20 pm

I love these bears made out ot the antique mohair Paula...Ezra's gorgeous..he looks very distinguished!!!

Can I ask....is the fabric difficult to work with ?...I bought some a while back..but have not yet had the courage to cut into it! Laughing

Yvonne
Yvonne
Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Paula Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Glad you like him, thanks Yvonne! I've just written a piece in our 'Bearcraft' forum about what I've learned so far ... hope it helps you pluck up courage to take your scissors to your piece!
Paula
Paula
Forum Host
Forum Host

Female
Job/hobbies : Creator of teddy bears/Forum Host/Administrator/coffee & tea maker

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:52 am

Thanks for all the information Paula....thats very interesting reading! My original idea was to incorporate it somehow with modern day mohair...but I suspected it would be difficult to get the scale right..with the pile being so short...and the tightness of the backing etc. Mmmm...I think I will just have to admire it for a while longer...until I have more time to play around with my pattern pieces.... I'm determined to make it work though. Considering the mohair's great age its so vibrant and rich still....and all that history...oh..if only it could talk!!! Laughing Will let you know what happens.. when I dare take the scissors too it!!!!!! Laughing

I love all the bears you've made with it so far...especially the one with the embroidery...stunning!!

See you soon...

Yvonne
Yvonne
Yvonne

Female
Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Paula Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:34 am

Glad it was useful to you Yvonne. By the way, I'm working on a antique/new mohair combo at the moment and will have pics to share very soon ... incidentally, 'Peregrine' has a modern mohair head and paws too.
Paula
Paula
Forum Host
Forum Host

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurie Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:53 pm

He is gorgeous Paula-I love the mohair :[img]http://ww
When I first saw his photos I thought that the photos were rather dark as I could hardly see his features but then I realised that hubby had been on the computer before me and turned the contrast level down to about 11% Laughing
Laurie
Laurie

Female
Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Paula Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Thanks Laurie! The photos might be a little dark as well, I was battling with my camera against a grotty overcast, rainy day!
Paula
Paula
Forum Host
Forum Host

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum