British Bears on the Net
Welcome to BBN. Please log now.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

British Bears on the Net
Welcome to BBN. Please log now.
British Bears on the Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just back from Hove with a 3rd prize

+5
Paula
Ruth
Kathleen
FenBeary Folk
valewood bears
9 posters

Go down

Just back from Hove with a 3rd prize Empty Just back from Hove with a 3rd prize

Post by valewood bears Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:12 am

Hello

Just arrived back from a great weekend from Hove and so pleased to have brought back a 3rd prize in the dressed bear section. Had a great weekend but it was such a long way, traveled by coach nearly 300 miles each way (with all the bears and props for stand!!!!), we didn't fancy driving that far and we stayed two nights in a Hotel in Hove so just got back at 7.15 pm tonight.

Congratulations to everyone who won awards, they were all fantastic entries. Ruth and Sue (from BBN) it was great to meet you, was also lovely to meet Gemma, Vicki and Sue (kessy) from Teddy Talk and loads of other people who I had just seen in magazines etc and was able to meet them and it was lovely to catch up with Dawn again (who lives quite near me). Lots of others too, you are all so lovely.

I wished I had taken pictures. I went down to the awards with my camera planning to take a picture of everyone getting their awards and send them a copy but I got at the back and felt a bit over awed and too shy to get to the front then, so didn't get any unfortunately, never mind.

Warm wishes
Pauline
valewood bears
valewood bears

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Just back from Hove with a 3rd prize Empty Re: Just back from Hove with a 3rd prize

Post by FenBeary Folk Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:48 am

Congratulations, a well deserved win, she was lovely
It was fantastic to finally meet you both too, you are such a sweetheart who makes the most loveliest sweet faced bears
So :heart: :heart: to you and Next year?????? already planning mine Idea had a eureka moment on the way to work he!he!
FenBeary Folk
FenBeary Folk
Bear Business Buddy
Bear Business Buddy

Female
Number of posts : 300
Job/hobbies : Assistant Accountant
Humor : Lost it somewhere....
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Just back from Hove with a 3rd prize Empty Re: Just back from Hove with a 3rd prize

Post by Kathleen Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:15 am

Hello Pauline, I'm pleased to read you won. Big CONGRADULATIONS!!! Laughing
Kathleen
Kathleen

Female
Number of posts : 36
Job/hobbies : Teddy Bear and Toy Trader
Humor : Black
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by valewood bears Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:08 pm

Awww thanks Sue and Kathleen, it's a weekend I won't forget, loved every minute of it but so tired.

Warm wishes
Pauline
valewood bears
valewood bears

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:43 pm

Ooops Pauline , I just realised I only put my Congrats in the other thread ..

"Congratulations" , she was a really dainty dressed bear , and SO pretty cheers cheers

More Hugs ,
Ruth (hope you can recover today Very Happy )
Ruth
Ruth

Female
Number of posts : 99
Job/hobbies : Mum / mini-bear maker
Humor : Usually fairly stupid !

Back to top Go down

Post by Paula Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:02 pm

Another BBN success!!!! Well done to you Pauline!!!!! cheers

Lovely to hear some of you managed to meet up in person at the show ... that's always a great aspect of shows and can't be replaced by the internet!
Paula
Paula
Forum Host
Forum Host

Female
Number of posts : 751
Job/hobbies : Creator of teddy bears/Forum Host/Administrator/coffee & tea maker
Humor : Decidedly slapstick!

Back to top Go down

Post by Elanor@ShantockBears Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:25 pm

Hi Pauline,

Very well done to you too, again I was shocked at the size of your bear, she was much smaller than I had imagined, your little lady was beautiful. Sorry I did'nt catch you on Sunday, I tried hard to get round to everyone but did miss a few, we will cross paths again very soon I'm sure.

Hugs
Elanor
Elanor@ShantockBears
Elanor@ShantockBears

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by littlescruffs Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:11 am

Ah well done Pauline so pleased for you. Can't wait to see all these pics in the magazine cheers :http://www.msn
littlescruffs
littlescruffs

Female
Number of posts : 168
Job/hobbies : Miniature bear maker
Humor : Yes most of the time

Back to top Go down

Post by HugsUnlimited Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:49 am

valewood bears wrote:Hello

Congratulations to everyone who won awards, they were all fantastic entries. Ruth and Sue (from BBN) it was great to meet you, was also lovely to meet Gemma, Vicki and Sue (kessy) from Teddy Talk and loads of other people who I had just seen in magazines etc and was able to meet them and it was lovely to catch up with Dawn again (who lives quite near me). Lots of others too, you are all so lovely.

I wished I had taken pictures. I went down to the awards with my camera planning to take a picture of everyone getting their awards and send them a copy but I got at the back and felt a bit over awed and too shy to get to the front then, so didn't get any unfortunately, never mind.
Warm wishes
Pauline

It was lovely to catch up with you Pauline - I loved your bear and I have got a great photo of you getting your award that I will let you have as soon as I can.

Dawn
xx

HugsUnlimited

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurie Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Congratulations Pauline Smile Smile Smile
Laurie
Laurie
Laurie

Female
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by valewood bears Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:53 pm

Aww thanks Ruth, Elenor, Paula Jean and Dawn.

Dawn, thank you so much for taking the picture, that would be great to see sometime.

Pauline
valewood bears
valewood bears

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down